Los Angeles Tax Attorney
The tax attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC, represent individual taxpayers as well as business and corporate taxpayers throughout the state of California and greater Los Angeles area.
As one of the largest cities in the United States, LA has a complex tax system that includes various federal, state, and local taxes.
Our Los Angeles tax attorneys also have diverse backgrounds and language skills to aid our Spanish, Japanese, and Korean speaking clients and business owners in all major cities near Los Angeles including Long Beach, Pasadena, Torrance, South Bay, and SFV.Experienced LA Tax Attorneys
Attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC are top rated tax lawyers who have been voted best tax lawyers by Best of Long Beach, Best of South Bay, featured in NBC News, Daily Journal and Top Ranked Tax Lawyers.
Our tax attorneys have extensive experience with tax audits, tax collections, tax offer in compromise, tax fraud, foreign bank account issues and criminal tax defense. Our Los Angeles tax attorneys have specialized knowledge necessary to litigate in Tax Court, tax appeals and at any administrative tax hearings. When taxpayers first retain their attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC, many have suffered and have been stressed through uncertainty and complex tax procedures thrust upon them by the aggressive tax agents of the IRS, FTB, CDTFA, or other tax agencies.
There are a host of defensive measures and best tax strategies that can be used to protect the individual and business taxpayers from the reach of the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, CDTFA or EDD. The defensive measures for the taxpayer can be initiated through the IRS collection agent, IRS tax appeals, or via United States Tax Court proceedings or their similar counterpart at the state level.
Always keep in mind, Los Angeles taxpayers will be protected by a plethora of tax laws and tax appeals procedures along with supervision of the United States Tax Court on any tax disputes you may have. Taxpayers have a right to defend against aggressive collection activities, unfair and inaccurate tax assessments and from negligence of the revenue agents and tax auditors.Los Angeles Tax Resources
Here are some common taxes that a best tax attorney in Los Angeles should be aware of in advising individuals and businesses in Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Sales Tax: The sales tax rate in Los Angeles County is currently 9.5%, which is based on the California state rate of 6% and a Los Angeles and local district tax rate of 3.5%. Certain cities within LA county may have their own additional local taxes that are added to the base rate.
- Los Angeles Tax on Property: Real estate owners in Los Angeles are required to pay property tax on the value of their real estate.
- Los Angeles Business Taxes: Taxpayers operating a business in Los Angeles may be subject to city of LA taxes and fees, including business license taxes, gross receipts taxes, and transient occupancy taxes.
- Internal Revenue Service: The Taxpayer Bill of Rights is a document that outlines the 10 fundamental rights taxpayers have when dealing with the IRS.
- Franchise Tax Board: The Taxpayer Advocate Services (TAS) is a free service offered by the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) to assist Los Angeles taxpayers who are experiencing tax problems.
The City of Los Angeles charges tax on cannabis businesses operating within the city.
The cannabis tax in Los Angeles is based on gross receipts, which includes all income generated from the sale of cannabis products. Los Angeles cannabis tax rate varies depending on the type of business, with different rates for cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and cannabis retailers. LA cannabis tax rates are as follows:
- Cultivators: 2% of gross receipts related to wholesale cultivation
- Manufacturers: 2% of gross receipts
- Distributors: 1% of gross receipts
- Retailers: 10% of gross receipts for adult-use sales, and 5% of gross receipts for medical sales
It's important to note that cannabis remains illegal under IRS tax law. Businesses operating in the cannabis industry in Los Angeles are subject to both state and local regulations and tax laws. Confidential review of your case with a Los Angeles tax attorney is advised if you have cannabis tax audit concerns.Contact Los Angeles Tax Attorney near me
Our office is located at 2049 Century Park East Suite 2525, Los Angeles CA 90067, near Century City and Olympic Blvd. We are also available via zoom or telephone if you wish to have a brief conversation about your tax case at (310) 788 9820.
To learn more about your rights as a taxpayer in Los Angeles California, please visit our practice page. Our consultations will give you valuable insight in solving your tax problems so that you can proceed on with managing your life or business in Los Angeles. If you believe you cannot pay the taxes or you believe that the tax amount charged against you is unfair please contact our Los Angeles tax attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC, so that we can guide you through the process.