Oakland Tax Attorney
The tax attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC Focus their practice in the area of tax litigation, cannabis tax, criminal tax, tax appeals, and tax audits around the city of Oakland and the surrounding communities near Berkeley, Walnut Creek, Hayward, and Castro Valley. Our Oakland tax attorneys pride themselves on representing the taxpayers on the “Bright Side of the Bay.”Oakland Tax Attorney Resolve Tax Problems
Many taxpayers wonder why or when to hire a tax attorney. Tax audits and resolving tax problems is an area of law that requires a unique understanding of the complicated tax codes and tax regulations to properly navigate and defend taxpayers rights. Many taxpayers and small business owners have large tax debts or are facing tax audits which can result in devastating amounts of tax assessment from the IRS or CDTFA sales tax. In many cases, individuals and small business owners are distraught by the aggressive tactics used by IRS agents or state tax collectors which can often lead to irreversible damage to their business or financial condition. Only a tax lawyer can provide attorney client privilege and give you legal advice that can truly protect your assets.
Attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC are top rated tax lawyers who have been voted best tax lawyers by Best of South Bay, featured in NBC News, Daily Journal and Top Ranked Tax Lawyers.
Oakland taxpayers are protected by IRS statutes and California state regulations which prohibit the taxing agencies from engaging in certain tax collections, tax levies, and tax audits. We defend taxpayers in our city from overly intrusive and aggressive tactics and unfair tax rules implemented by the various Federal and state taxing agencies especially as it relates to cannabis business owners. Once you retain our Oakland tax attorney, IRS and California State tax agencies can no longer contact you at your home or business.
The tax attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC can help you determine the proper strategy in handling your tax problems with the IRS, FTB, CDTFA sales tax or payroll tax. We apply a detailed tax analysis and forensic review of your tax and apply the best tax remedy to advance your cause and protect your business and assets.
Our Oakland tax attorneys represent clients in all aspects of tax appeals, tax audits and tax court cases. The following areas of our tax practice may apply to you:
- IRS Tax Audits
- Sales Tax Audits
- Criminal Tax Defense
- Tax Evasion & Tax Fraud Defense
- Offers in Compromise
- Tax Appeals
- US Tax Court
- Foreign Bank Accounts FBAR
- Tax Bankruptcy
- Cannabis Tax Problems
- Release Tax Lien
- IRS Penalties & Interest
- IRS Payment Plan
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- Independent Contractor
- Trust Fund Taxes
- Payroll Tax
- Innocent Spouse
Below are some useful links and resources that are available for taxpayers in Oakland including IRS, FTB, CDTFA and Oakland city tax rates which impact tax collection on individuals and business owners in Oakland.
- Business Tax: Oakland imposes a business tax on all businesses operating within the city limits. The tax is based on the gross receipts of the business, and the tax rates vary by business classification and the amount of gross receipts.
- Sales Tax: The sales tax rate in Oakland is currently 10.25%. This includes a state sales tax of 6% and a county & special sales tax of 4.25%.
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT): Oakland imposes a TOT on hotel and short-term rental accommodations.
- Parcel Tax: Oakland has various parcel taxes, which are taxes assessed on real property based on a flat amount per parcel
- Cannabis Tax: Oakland also imposes a cannabis business tax on gross receipts for cannabis businesses operating within the city limits. The tax rate is currently 5% for medical cannabis businesses and 10% for recreational use. Oakland tax attorneys should be consulted regarding any cannabis tax audit concerns because under federal law cannabis remains illegal and these sales tax audits may have potential criminal tax exposure.
Our office is located at 1300 Clay St #600 Oakland, CA 94612, near Broadway St in Downtown Oakland. We are also available via zoom or telephone if you wish to have a brief conversation about your tax case.
To learn more about Strategies that may help resolve your tax problem, please visit our Tax Practice page. tax lawyers group APC represents taxpayers in all major cities near Oakland Including Berkeley, Albany, ElCerrito, Richmond, WalnutCreek, Hayward, Castro Valley and SanLeandro. You can also search: Tax Lawyers Group APC or tax attorney near me in Oakland to locate one of our tax law offices near you.