Studio City Tax Attorney
Tax Lawyers group APC represents clients with IRS, FTB, CDTFA sales tax, and payroll tax problems within the city of Studio City and the Valley. Many individual and business owners have various types of tax problems which arose from tax audits, tax collection activity, sales tax audits or from incorrectly filed tax returns. By the time taxpayers seek our legal representation, they have already received threatening collection letters from the IRS, FTB or CDTFA. Most individual and business owners cannot discern what their legal rights are under the IRS and State tax codes and often are not well advised on the proper tax strategies and legal options that can resolve their tax problems.Experienced & Knowledgeable Professionals
Our tax attorneys handle all types of tax cases. Some examples of tax cases that are handled by our tax attorneys are listed below:
- IRS Tax Audits
- Sales Tax Audits
- Criminal Tax Defense
- Tax Evasion & Tax Fraud Defense
- Offers in Compromise
- Tax Appeals
- US Tax Court
- Foreign Bank Accounts FBAR
- State Tax Problems
- Tax Bankruptcy
- Cannabis Tax Problems
- Release Tax Lien
- IRS Penalties & Interest
- IRS Payment Plan
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- Independent Contractor
- Trust Fund Taxes
- Payroll Tax
- Innocent Spouse
Taxpayers in Studio City and cities near The Valley are protected by various laws, tax statutes and tax regulations that are intended to keep government overreach against the taxpayers at a minimum. Below are some links and resources that is designed to inform and protect taxpayers in Studio City and San Fernando Valley:
- Internal Revenue Service: The Taxpayer Bill of Rights is a document that outlines rights taxpayers in Studio City & Valley have when dealing with the IRS.
- Franchise Tax Board: The Taxpayer Advocate Services (TAS) is a free service offered by the California FTB to assist Studio City taxpayers who are experiencing tax problems.
- Sales Tax: Studio City & Valley has a sales tax rate of 9.5%, which includes a 6% California state sales tax and a 3.5 % Los Angeles County & local sales tax.
- Property Tax: Property owners in Studio City are required to pay property taxes to the Los Angeles County Assessor's Office based on the assessed value of their real property.
- Business Tax: Businesses operating in Studio City are subject to the same business taxes as those operating elsewhere in Los Angeles. The tax amount varies depending on the type of business and the amount of gross income.
As part of Los Angeles, Studio City and the Valley is governed by the same marijuana tax and regulations as LA which has a cannabis tax for both recreational and medicinal cannabis sales. As of April 2023, the city imposes a cannabis business tax of up to 10% on gross receipts for recreational cannabis businesses and up to 5% on gross receipts for medicinal cannabis businesses. These cannabis taxes are in addition to California state sales tax and excise tax imposed on cannabis businesses. Studio City tax attorney should be consulted regarding any cannabis tax audit concerns due to potential criminal tax exposure at the IRS federal level.When to Contact a Tax Attorney
Did you receive any letters from the IRS, FTB, CDTFA or EDD? It is important to understand that individual and small business owners rights under the tax rules are not automatically protected unless they are invoked in a timely manner. The best chance to protect a taxpayer's assets and business usually occurs at the early stages of government investigation or tax collection efforts . The experienced team of tax attorneys at Tax Lawyers Group APC can help clients assess their tax problems to formulate a strategy to resolve and defend their assets. We apply a well thought out approach to understand your tax situation and to apply the best tax law and procedure to advance your case.Contact SFV Studio City Tax Attorney near me
Our office is located at 4400 Coldwater Canyon Ave #300, Studio City, CA 91604, near Ventura Blvd. We are also available via zoom or telephone if you wish to have a remote conference about your tax case. Our Tel: (818) 982-7600
To learn more about strategies that may be involved in your case please visit our practice page. Tax Lawyers Group APC represents taxpayers in all major San Fernando Valley communities Including Studio City, Van Nuys, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Burbank and Woodland Hills, Reseda, Northridge, Glendale, and Calabasas. You can also search: Tax Lawyers Group APC or tax attorney near me for one of our offices near you.